Polaris Slingshot Rental
RENT A SLINGSHOT
Our Polaris slingshot rental in Freeport Long Island will give you the ultimate adventure of a lifetime. Not just Jet Ski rentals we now offer the latest on road adventure too. Simply make a reservation online with Island Jet Skis for the ride of a lifetime on road or water.
You’ll know it if you see one. The Polaris Slingshot is the most eye-catching vehicle on the road today. Part sports car, part motorcycle, and a dash of Batmobile, you’ll look and feel like a superhero behind the wheel of this three wheel roadster.
Unleash your sense of adventure on the open road for an afternoon or a weekend getaway with a SLINGSHOT Rental from Island Jet Skis in Freeport Long Island.
We are an official Polaris Adventures partner delivering “Safe. Memorable. Adventures.” to our Slingshot renters.
Ignite your senses behind the wheel of a Slingshot and discover the ultimate three-wheeled adventure.
SLINGSHOT RENTAL RATES
***LIMITED TIME OFFER***
MIDSUMMER SPECIALS EVERYDAY
***Includes tax, includes insurance, 100 mile range and up to 2 helmets***
4 hours . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $220
8 hours . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $300
24 Hours . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $400
Security Deposit Required $750.00
Slingshot Rentals FAQ's
ARE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED ON HOW TO OPERATE THE SLINGSHOT?
- Yes, we will go over all Polaris Slingshot vehicle operations to assure you are comfortable before heading out on the open road.
- You must obey all traffic signals and the laws of the road. Island Jetskis reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
BOTH DRIVER AND PASSENGER WILL BE PROVIDED WITH A FULL FACE DOT APPROVED HELMET:
- You may bring your own FULL-FACE DOT-approved helmets.
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING:
We suggest dressing for the weather as if you were to be riding a motorcycle. We highly recommend sunglasses, hats, and sunblock since you’ll be basking in the open air with the Polaris Slingshots open cockpit design. Any personal items may be kept in lockable storage compartments behind both seats and in the glove box. Bring your own FULL-FACE DOT-approved helmets if you have them.
- You must be at least 23 years of age and have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Passenger minimum age is 10 and must be able to grasp handholds and firmly plant their feet on the floor with their back fully against the seat backrest. Minor passengers must be accompanied by a Parent or Legal Guardian over the age of 23.
- You are required to purchase Rental Insurance at a cost of $25 per vehicle. There is a $1500 damage deductible on the insurance policy so you are required to provide a credit card for a $1500 Temporary Authorization/Hold(NOT a charge) as a security deposit while you have the vehicle. We also have a upgraded insurance option for $15 more and that has a $750 damage deductible and you will leave a $750 security deposit on your card.
- No motorcycle endorsement is required to operate in the state of New York.
- *You may only operate the rental vehicle in the state of New York and within a 100-mile radius of our rental office. All of our vehicles have GPS tracking, we can see where you go and how fast you get there.
- ARE THESE GUIDED TOURS?
- No, but we do provide suggested routes to get the most out of your rental time. When you leave with your rental it’s your choice where you go.
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to your reservation time to fill out waivers and be given our safety orientation. Lateness will result in loss of time on your rental or a rescheduling fee of $75
- You are required to purchase state-mandated minimum liability insurance from Polaris (our insurance provider) prior to taking the rental vehicle. The $25 insurance cost is not included in the rental cost.
- All coverage and waivers are subject to the terms and conditions of the rental contract and do not include coverage for property, personal or otherwise, or damage as a result of negligence on the part of the renter or passenger for any illegal use of the Slingshot or its use under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- NYUninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage is not available and is not covered under this policy.
- The Rental Insurance policy has a $1500 damage deductible, therefore we will place a temporary authorization/hold on a credit card in the amount of $1500.
- Keep in mind you are responsible for the operation of your rental.
- If damage is incurred to the vehicle during your rental, you may be charged for downtime until the vehicle can be properly repaired for the next rental. This downtime charge will be at our 24hr rate for each day the vehicle is down. These charges are over and above the $750 damage deposit.
- Rental rules must be acknowledged and adhered to at all times
- The day of your rental we will authorize your credit card for $1500. (We do not accept American Express for the $1500 authorization.)
- This is a way to make sure the funds are available and can be drawn from your account in the case of damage to the Slingshot during your rental, due to the $1500 insurance deductible.
- Providing no damage is done the full $1500 will be released back to your account after the rental return check-in is complete.
- The customer is responsible for fuel and any applicable taxes. (Only use 93-octane or higher gasoline to fuel the vehicle).
- Please bring the Slingshot back with a full tank of gas. If you do not there will be a $60 fueling surcharge.
- You will be responsible for any moving violations and/or tolls incurred during your rental period.
- You are responsible for all costs associated with returning the rental vehicle on time.
- You may only operate the rental vehicle in the state of New York and within a 100-mile radius of our rental office. All of our vehicles have GPS tracking, we can see where you go and how fast you get there.
- By going outside a 100-mile radius of our office or the state of New YORK you are breaching your rental and insurance agreement and you are 100% responsible for all costs associated with returning the vehicle back to the rental office on time. These costs are over and above the $750 damage deposit as the terms of the rental and insurance agreement would no longer be valid.
- There is a 457 lb load capacity for Polaris Slingshots. Please make sure you and your passenger do not exceed this limit.
RATES AND FEES
- Reservations are based on availability.
- There will be no refunds for unused time.
- Towing is not covered.
- No rescheduling within 24 hours of the originally reserved date.
- 24 hours or more out from the originally reserved date you may reschedule at no additional charge. Based on the availability of your new date choice.
- Rescheduling within the 24 hour period will result in a $75 rescheduling fee.
- If you are late to your appointment time your options will include taking the remainder of your reserved time or paying a $75 rescheduling fee to schedule a new reservation.
Within 30 days of the original purchase date.
- We have a no refund policy.
- As said earlier if you need to reschedule the date do so prior to 24 hours before your scheduled rental.
- Reservations are transferable so if you are unable to go you can gift your reservation to someone else at no charge.
- We are not responsible and do not prorate any Slingshot rentals. If you drive the Slingshot and inclement weather causes any loss of rental time for you there are no refunds or credits.
- Check the weather for the day of your reservation outside of the 24 hour window. If you do not feel comfortable with the chance of rain please reschedule then. Inside of 24 hours you will have to refer to our rescheduling policy.
- Under extreme conditions for safety purposes we reserve the right to reschedule your reservation if weather is dangerous to be operating the slingshot.
- Late returns will be charged a $140 late fee per unit if the vehicle is brought back up to one hour late of check-in. A late fee of $240 per unit will be charged if the vehicle is brought back up to two hours late for check-in. After two full hours late, the late fee will be a full-day rental charge.
- Any loss of use incurred from being late is the responsibility of the renter and will be charged accordingly.
- We reserve the right to report a vehicle stolen to the appropriate authorities if it is not returned at the date and time indicated in this agreement. Please call if you are running late! (charges will still apply).
- Any damages to the vehicle must be reported immediately, and an incident report must be filed with NY Police.
- Fuel the vehicle prior to returning to the level to which it was prior to the rental. A refueling fee of $60 will be charged if it is not refueled.